In light of the COVID-19 Corona Virus pandemic, I am able to provide
online therapy sessions and face to face therapy sessions will be assessed on an individual basis.
Changes made in the counselling room
- Seating in the therapy room has been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- We will maintain safe distancing.
- Good ventilation is maintained in the room.
- Hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy room and at the front door on entering.
- I schedule appointments at specific intervals to allow for cleaning and sanitising between sessions.
- I ask that you arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- We will both wear masks until we reach our seats in the therapy room. I can provide masks for the session.
- Areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitised after each use. Contactless payment is the preferred option.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues are not provided so you will need to bring along your own and a bin is easily accessed and disinfected .
- Trash is disposed of after each session.
If there is a resurgence of the pandemic or if other health concerns arise, however, I may require that we meet online (Zoom) or by phone.
If you have concerns about meeting online, we will talk about it first and try to address any issues. You understand that, if I believe it is necessary, I may determine that we return to online sessions for everyone’s well-being.
If you decide at any time that you would feel safer staying with or returning to, online services, I will respect that decision, as long as it is feasible and clinically appropriate.
Risks of Opting for In-Person Services
You understand that by coming to the counselling room, you are assuming the risk of exposure to the coronavirus (or other public health risks). This risk may increase if you travel by public transportation.
Our Responsibility to Minimize Exposure
To provide counselling in person, we agree to take certain precautions which will help keep everyone - you, me, and our families, safer from exposure, sickness and possible death. If you do not adhere to these safeguards, it may result in our starting / returning to a telehealth arrangement. I will only keep your in-person appointment if you are symptom-free.
- You will not be able to attend a session if you have a high temperature.
- You will wait in your car or outside until no earlier than 5 minutes before our appointment time.
- You will use alcohol-based hand sanitiser when you enter the building.
- We will adhere to the safe distancing precautions we have set up in the therapy room.
- You will wear a mask until reaching the therapy room.
- We will keep a distance of 2 metres and there will be no physical contact (e.g. no shaking hands).
- We will try not to touch our face or eyes with our hands - or immediately wash or sanitize our hands.
- We will take steps between appointments to minimize our exposure to COVID.
- If we are exposed to other people who are infected, we will inform each other.
- If a resident of your home on mine tests positive for the infection, we will inform each other
If You or I Are Sick or have symptoms
You understand that I am committed to keeping you, me, and all of our families safe from the spread of this virus. If you show up for an appointment and I believe that you have a fever or other symptoms, or believe you have been exposed, I will have to require you to leave immediately. We can follow up with services by telehealth as appropriate.
If I test positive for the coronavirus, I will notify you so that you can take appropriate precautions.
Your Confidentiality in the Case of Infection
If you have tested positive for the coronavirus, I may be required to notify local health authorities that you have been in the counselling room. If I have to report this, I will only provide the minimum information necessary for their data collection and will not go into any details about the reason(s) for our visits. In attending face to face sessions you are agreeing that I may do so without an additional signed release.
During therapy hours
- The distance between chairs has been extended.
- Therapy room is wiped down in-between clients.
- Please ask if you require a face mask.
- I am washing my hands between clients.
- I will be keeping social contacts to a minimum and social distancing.
- Your appointment may be cancelled with short notice if I become unwell or government guidance dictates.
- The therapy room is being disinfected at the end of each day.
- General face-to-face sessions will significantly reduce.
- Anyone who is self-isolating will be asked to suspend sessions or have on-line therapy.
Alternative options for therapy sessions
I am happy to offer online or telephone therapy sessions to anyone who requests it regardless of whether you have symptoms.
- Please contact me in advance if you wish to arrange an online session and I will send you a link to access this service. I use a secure GDPR-compliant online platform called Zoom.
- If you have not used Zoom before here is a guide Zoom Support - how to use
What you should do if you are symptomatic
- If you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms, however mild, such as a new persistent cough or fever, you should not attend your upcoming appointment.
- Please contact me via E-mail, text or leave a voicemail on - 07740167551
In these circumstances, we can either suspend sessions until you are ready to resume or sessions can continue online.
The above procedure will be reviewed on a regular basis and may change at short notice based on government guidelines. I will continue to keep you updated on any further actions regarding this matter.
If you are experiencing anxiety related to the virus, this website is very helpful: coronanxiety-support-resources
For information on how to protect yourself from the Coronavirus, you should always follow the latest Government advice. For up to date guidance visit: GOV.UKwww.gov.uk › coronavirus
Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns in relation to the above, please do not hesitate to contact me.
E mail: [email protected]